Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mountains vs. Desert

Last week Mark and I took separate vacations. He went with a bunch of guys from our ward on what they called a "Scout backpacking trip" to the Uintahs. What they don't want everyone to know is there were 11 men and only 3 scouts. If they hadn't recruited those 3 scouts (and one of them was from a different stake) they would had to have called it a "Men's Only Trip" and none of their wives would have let them go. Mark is so lucky to have such a cool wife who encouraged him to go. he he he

He had a great time hiking, fishing and riding horses. The girls and I went to Lake Powell with my family for a few days and we had a blast. Mark had the camera so I don't have any pics of our trip but here are some from his trip.
 

 

 

3 comments:

Karen said...

So how did you like the separate vacations? We love them in our house

Obtuse1 said...

I miss the mountains! I can almost feel the cool, clean air. So who all went down to Powell?

Amy J said...

We missed Mark and Mark missed us. He was really torn between the two destinations but he doesn't get to go hiking and fishing very often so I encouraged him to go. Craig, Luka, Elsa, Eve's sis, Heidi and her husband Rodney, ma, pa, Dave and his kids and EmiLinds, Josie and I all went to Lake Powell. Oh yeah, and Dash the Dog.